PLANNED GIVING & Trust Services
Deciding now what to be done later…
- We make decisions every day that may significantly affect our future and the future of those we care about.
- Life is the sum of decisions we make and those that were made on our behalf. We are, therefore, making plans by the decisions we make or choose not to make.
What is Estate Planning:
The process of preparing for and organizing one’s assets during a person’s life, for the administration and distribution of that person’s assets during the person’s life, in the event the person becomes incapacitated and after death.
Why is Estate Planning so important:
- To ensure that your loved ones and property are protected. If you die without a will, the state that you are living in will determine who will get your assets.
- Allows choosing the executor of your will. A corporate trustee should be considered. During grief, family members may not be in the best emotional state to undertake such a responsibility.
- Makes Bequest of specific assets. Without a will, your desire to give specific assets to specific persons or organizations may not be fulfilled.