Superintendent of Schools
Northeastern Conference Education System
The Northeastern Conference Education Department operates five schools in the New England states and eleven in the state of New York. Among these are two senior academies and a junior academy.
The aim of Adventist education is to help students encounter Christ and through the process enable them to experience His transformational power. Ultimately, we desire the reflection of Christ’s image in their lives. An education of this kind imparts far more than academic knowledge. It fosters a balanced development of the whole person—spiritual, physical, intellectual, and social-emotional—a process that spans a lifetime.
Working together, the homes, schools, and churches of the Northeastern Conference cooperate with divine agencies to prepare learners to be good citizens in this world and for eternity.
Our aim is to Nurture, Educate and Challenge God’s children.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Minimum of five years of successful administrative experience including school leadership. Experience in the role of Superintendent preferred.
- Demonstrated instructional leadership skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Extraordinary organizational, communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with fundraising, endowment management, capital campaigns, and capital improvement projects.
- Sensitive to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Successful experience working with diverse, multicultural, multilingual, and special needs communities.
- Thorough knowledge of financial procedures, budgeting protocols, personnel management, and facilities administration.
- A desire to develop and maintain a close professional working relationship with the Northeastern Conference Administration, Executive Committee, and Education Board.
- Demonstrated experience building consensus and trust, working in conjunction with others to identify priorities, establish goals, monitor progress, and produce outcomes.
- Proven ability to interpret policy, procedures, and data to foster a collaborative effort of continuous improvement with faculty, staff, constituents, and various stakeholders.
- Ability to interface with regulatory bodies and keep schools in compliance.
- Ability to facilitate and envision the utilization of 21st century technology to enhance in-class and virtual learning.
- Informed of current educational trends and practices to ensure high educational standards are met.
- Demonstrates visionary and innovative leadership to cast vision and develop strategic plan.
- A graduate degree is required, and doctorate preferred. Must hold or be qualified to receive North American Division Administrative Certification.
- Prior professional experience in Adventist Education system preferred.
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Must have a strong commitment to Jesus Christ and the teachings of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and maintain membership in the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Posting Date: February 1, 2022
Closing Date: March 15, 2022
How to Apply:
Submit your materials to Dr. Nicardo Delahaye, Chair of Search Committee. You will receive confirmation of the receipt of your application materials within two days. Submit PDF materials at NDelahaye@Northeastern.org
- Letter of interest
- Three letters of reference – must be within the past six months
- Describe in detail how your leadership would lead the Northeastern Conference Education System into the 21st century
- CV/Resume: please include language proficiency/fluency
Application Deadline – March 15, 2022 – Letters of application and other required materials must be received no later than March 15, 2022. The Committee expects to finalize the search by May 10, 2022. The new superintendent will officially assume this position on July 1, 2022.